9343 Fauntleroy Way SW, Seattle, WA 98136
The home, called Laurentide, was built in 1922 by Laurence Colman and was designed by well-known Seattle architect Arthur Loveless. Seattle pioneer James Colman, an immigrant from Scotland, eventually settled Fauntleroy in 1906, along with fellow members of Seattle’s Plymouth Congregational Church. The Colman family over the years has built and maintained a spectacular garden with dozens of rhododendrons, including new species developed by the Colmans. The last of the Colman family to occupy the home sold it a few years ago to Maryanne Tagney and David Jones.