MDC meetings take place the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month, noon – 1:30 pm, Plaza 600 Building #205, 600 Stewart St, unless otherwise noted. In November there is only one meeting – November 16; same for December – December 14.
Bob Brown, UW professor emeritus in Atmospheric Sciences will speak on climate change. Dr Brown
- holds three degrees in mechanical engineering from UC Berkeley
- was the first PhD graduate of the University of Washington geophysics program
- served as fellow at the National Center for Atmospheric Sciences in Boulder CO
- retired after 35 years as a research and academic professor in the UW Atmospheric Sciences department
- specializes in the fluid mechanics of geophysics flow
- has written two math texts on atmospheric flow
- has been a principal scientist on many NASA global satellite projects.
Other upcoming programs, events
November 8 Progressive Election Night Party, 5-7 pm. Sponsors as of today include the MDC, City Attorney Pete Holmes, and King County Councilmembers Jeanne Kohl-Welles and Rod Dembowski.
November 16 To be determined.
November 19 Retreat to develop operating plan for 2017, 9 am – 3 pm, Plaza 600 Building #205. Lunch provided. RSVP required, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than November 16.
December 11 Winter Holiday Party, 5 – 7 pm at the Colman mansion, home of Maryanne Tagney and David Jones, 9343 Fauntleroy Way SW. Our raffle drawing will be held at this event. You need not be present to win. Tickets are $50 for a book of 10 and can be purchased online at our website or at any MDC meeting or event. Cash prizes are $500, $300, and $200.
December 14 Discuss/approve operating plan for 2017; form a finance committee to develop a budget for 2017.
January 11, 2017 Review/approve budget for 2017.
BUY YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS NOW ONLINE OR AT ANY MDC MEETING.
Like us on Facebook
For more information about the MDC contact Eleanor Munro, president
1925 41st Ave SW, Seattle WA 98116